Thursday 29 March 2012

All Kids Should Be This Lucky...


I was lucky enough to be in a Kindergarten room a few weeks ago and be a part of one little boy's star of the week poster presentation. This neat little guy has autism and has some challenges that will be with him throughout his life. I thought I was going to have to help out with some of the reading (as his Mom had written it) but he had every word memorized and read it loud and clear and proud with a huge smile...this is what he read...

"My family believe I am a special boy (a gift) for them. My Mom tells me I am smart and handsome."

Two simple sentences....read from the heart of a little boy...it brought tears to my eyes.

All kids should be so lucky...I just thought I would share.

Yours In Kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment