Thursday 11 August 2011

Acceptance

I don't think I have mentioned much about the women here, and there are some amazing women here!! This week is organized by Ferron and another singer named Bitch. I have fallen in love with Bitch's music too! I am so grateful for meeting these two amazing artists and I am so grateful for their music and now also for their friendship.

The core group of 17 that have been here for the workshop part of the week are all women I feel connected to. With all that has been shared and all that we have done together it is truly a lifelong bond.

To be amongst a group of strong, passionate, creative women day in and day out is outstanding! I have done things I never done before and felt free in a way that is so new to me. I plan on bringing the essence of the week back with me and sharing it with everyone.

Our circle today was wonderful...as usual. We all were given a piece of cloth at the beginning of the week and told to find things throughout the week that represent important things or fears to then tie up and wear around our necks. We had the tying ceremony today and it was so neat to hear what everyone else put in their bundles and why. So many experiences like that, getting to know people on such a unique level! Then we got our writing task and off we went.

The rest of the day flew by! There was visiting and writing and music and insights and eating. We had another sit down dinner which is neat. We always do a community prayer in the Shady Gate before dinner which is lovely.

Evening talk circle around the campfire where everyone shared a piece of reading. There is incredible talent and insight and I feel so inspired at all times. Then they brought the TV out by the campfire and we watched the documentary that Bitch and Billy made about Ferron which was fantastic. A piece of art in and of itself. Now just hanging out by the fire and almost ready to head to bed.

Last day tomorrow and I definitely have mixed emotions! I would LOVE to be here for the actual fest and see the concert and be a part of the parade of flowers. But I can also hardly wait to see my family!!! I can't wait to give my girls a huge hug!!!!!! I have missed them like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment