Saturday 6 August 2011

Take a leap of faith...

This seems to have been a long time coming. I just have so much to say and so much to share!! Right now I share through emails...which I will continue to do!! I just thought that I would create a place where I can go in to more detail, a place for my own thoughts and ideas, a place where I can share wonderful and inspiring video clips, a place where I can share articles and ideas and quotes from other amazing people! I am hoping to offer up a little of me, a little of others and lots of inspiration to make change and do good!!


This blog is going to start as I start on a journey myself. A week and a half ago I went to a concert by a woman named Ferron. Now, I had never heard of her before and knew none of her music. I went in having no idea what to expect and came out having been witness to one of my most memorable music experiences. Her music was amazing, her lyrics touched my soul. She played with a man she had met the night before who knew none of her music and it sounded as if they had been playing together forever. At one point after a very moving song she said "It is so neat to hear your soul reflected on someone else's guitar." Amazing! Between songs she talked about meditation, peace, love, and the soul. I was inspired by every part of the night and as we left the theatre she was there to give a hug and say thanks for coming and sharing in her music. As I hugged her I said that I didn't know who she was until today but I want to be her best friend! To which she replied, "You already are." What a cool lady.


During the concert she asked if anyone was going to Fen Fest and a few people cheered. She then went on to say it is a week long journey of workshops on peace through creative expression. You go with your pen, your paper, your thoughts, your instrument and simply create.You go and camp on her 60 acres (only 100 people) in Michigan. So, I went home and got right on the internet to learn more. I had a few questions so called the number on the website (which happened to be Ferron's cell!!) and have now talked to her 3 times on the phone and I have signed up to go!! Maybe we will be best friends after all!! It has been too long since I have really taken the time to write and make music and I feel like this trip was meant to be.


So this is where my journey begins...taking a leap of faith...I leave Monday...by myself...first time away from my girls...scared, nervous, excited...going with my guitar, my song book, my heart and soul open and ready for an amazing experience. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment