Tuesday 9 August 2011

More than I could have hoped for!

My first full day...full of excitement and creative energy.

I survived my night in the tent in the rain!!! I actually even slept well! After I had some breakfast I ran to the store to get some food and proceeded to lose my keys!! The car was locked and my phone was in it!! I had luckily put Ferron's number on a piece of paper in my purse. After searching the HUGE store for 30 minutes I called and Ally Katherine came to get me. We searched again...through my tears...and still came up empty handed! We came back to The Fen and some of the other lovely ladies offered up their AAA so at least I could get my things!

When we got back, the morning talk circle was about to start so I decided to join in and hope the store might call a d say they found the keys. The circle was wonderful...an introduction of ourselves to each other and then some creative writing prompts given by Ferron. That was followed by 2 hours of silent creative work. Oh what you can do in silence. I wrote a ton, I walked the grounds, I reflected on my journey here and collected some found art.

Then back to the car...called Triple A...got in...still no keys...traced my steps for the 10th time and when all hope seemed lost...found the keys beside a pair of PJs I was looking at for the girls!! Everyone here thought it was symbolic that my keys were left by something I was looking at for my ladies!!

Came back to the Fen to cheers and hugs and a celebration for the keys! We had a great dinner as a group and then met for the sharing talk circle. Totally amazing!! Emotional, beautiful, sad, touching, from the heart! There are some very sad stories here and some amazing journeys that I feel so privileged to be a part of. We all shared some of our writing and talked about when we have felt powerful in our lives and the difference between power and force. Very enlightening discussion.

After the circle around the campfire, we broke for a s'mores and marshmallow time! Then out came the instruments and the singing and off we went!!! There was 3 guitars, a viola, a fiddle, 2 drums, some shakers and a tambourine! Ferron sang some songs, others sang some originals and we did some old classics everyone can sing along to...ending with Amazing Grace in 4 part harmony! What a perfect end to an amazing day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment