Wednesday 10 August 2011

It keeps getting better...

I started my day by talking to my girls...what a great way to start the day!!

A girl who just arrived,Cat, did yoga in the Shady Gate and it was so peaceful and serene and helped me to find my centre for the day!!

Then it was to the Shady Gate again for morning talk circle. The Shady Gate is a structure that was created to have our circles in and it is magical!!! We are all creating found art and placing it at the altar in the centre...there are some pretty cool things to look at! We all shared whatever we wanted to share and then Ferron gave us our task for the day.

Next, off into 2 hours of silent creating. I got a lesson in watercolour and spent some time painting...not my forte it seems!! (hahaha!) Then I wrote for a bit under the Shady Gate. Last but not least I joined the circle of women who were crafting. We had to make a piece of found art that represented ourselves. What a neat process...walking through the woods trying to find things that jump out at you. Then, taking those things and somehow combining them into you. I got mine almost done but I decided to place it on the altar to let it gather life from the Shady Gate!! I will finish it's journey tomorrow.

Then we just had time to visit and get ready for a sit down dinner. There are 23 of us now and it was really nice. Ferron made everyone homemade chicken soup. We usually just eat whenever.

Time again for evening talk circle around the camp fire. It was very emotional and people shared some very deep and serious stuff. It is so amazing to be a part of a circle of women who are so supportive and caring and listening and witnessing individuals going through some pretty tough stuff. What loving energy can do...it knows no bounds!

What comes next at 10:30 at night..ice cream party by the fire of course! Then out come the instruments and let the music begin. Ferron sang 2 of my favorite songs...what a treat! So now I am sitting, cozy under a blanket in front of the fire, writing in my blog and my soundtrack behind me is amazing musical women singing, playing and drumming. Perfection!!

I have to say this trip has been a gift...a gift of heart and spirit...a gift of love and creativity...a gift of soul and inner self...and I am loving and savoring every second! Can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment