Sunday 14 August 2011

Home Sweet Home and my last day...


What a greeting! Two bouncing, happy girls jumping into my arms and hugging so tightly....what a sweet, sweet feeling. That greeting followed by a day where they needed to be touching...or at least close...at all times. I did miss them so. I was also greeted by a husband who gave a great bear hug and 2 very happy dogs. How blessed I am!

So...the last day...

Began with my last talking circle. It was lovely and touching as usual. We haven't known each other long, but we are all connected in a very strong way now. We have been witness to much sadness, hurt, fear, strength, happiness and above all...healing on so many levels. We all shared our hearts and souls this week and have come together as a group of strong, creative and loved women. The most important message I am going to take with me is...What I want for my girls, I have to want for myself. I need to be the model of what I want for them. And what I want for them is happiness, strength, to be able to make time for themselves, to be secure with who they are, to listen to their hearts, to be who they want to be and to love themselves completely.

After the circle we set off with our last writing assignment and it was a great one. Figure out what your 3 contracts with the universe are. What is your purpose here? Then take all that you have written and boil it down to one sentence that sums up your purpose. "I am here to..." What an interesting and challenging task! Then an hour spent in silence to create.

A lot of the rest of the day was welcoming new people (there are lots of people who were just coming for the weekend of music), swimming, visiting, making Dayaa and Laiklyn their own piece of found art, decorating for concert day and for me, packing up! In circle I said what a funny thing it is that I was sad to leave home, but happy to arrive and now again I am sad to go but happy to get home!

We had another circle before our communal dinner under the Shady Gate (which is something I am going to miss!!) A nice blessing was said and then before leaving we all watched as one person would turn to the person next to them, they would each put their hands on each others shoulders, look into the others eyes and say "I see you, and I love you." What a moving ritual. Then to dinner!

And the last thing...and a wonderful way to end my time here...was open mic around the campfire! Ferron started it off with 2 songs and then it was off to many others. There was some amazing music, some amazing poetry and I took everyone back to Kindergarten and had everyone sing "If you're happy, powerful and loving and you know it", I read my kindness manifesto and taught everyone the song "I think you're wonderful!" It was a nice light part of the night and many people came up after and said they would have loved it if I was their Kindergarten teacher! To end the open mic night I convinced Bitch to perform, who I think is amazing, and then she and Ferron did a soing together to close the show. All that amazing stuff followed by hugs and tears and laughter and goodbyes as I got in my car at 11:00 and started on my journey home! 

I am changed by an inspirational trip, I am changed by a group of amazing women who I can now call friends, I am changed as a woman and I am changed as a mother. I can't wait to share the gift of this trip and the energy I am bringing back with everyone I come in to contact with!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a wonderful week. We're glad to have you home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, it was so great to meet you at Fest! Welcome home. I just got home thurs eve after powerful time w/ family in Pittsburgh. So very good to be home. I keep viewing ally catherine's photos b/c they make me smile.

    Hey, do you have Jen's email? Can you pls email it to me? Thanks! And good luck w/start of school.

    ReplyDelete