Monday 8 August 2011

I have arrived!

So, I am here! It was a smooth drive here and I found it no problem! The goodbye to the girls was uneventful...hopefully Luke can say the same thing after tonight!!
I was a bit teary in the driveway but I soon had my music playing and I was singing away! I was most nervous about pulling up in the driveway to...I had no idea what! When I pulled up there was 5 women sitting and chatting. I introduced myself and Ferron remembered me right away! She gave me a hug and showed me where I would put my tent and then helped me put it up!!
So I have just been exploring and getting to know some of the women! At 7 there will be the first talk circle and everyone will share about their journey of how they got here. So far I have met poets, singers, musicians, artists and so much more!! What an amazing group of women!!!
It is raining now so I will let you know how my night of camping goes in the rain!!!
What a neat first day with more still to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment